Monday, March 26, 2012

Mini-softbox fashion show shoot, 11"x7" softbox

This post is about the light quality of the 11"x7" softbox (aka 12"x8" softbox or 30mmx20mm softbox) that I included in a hotshoe/speedlight/speedlight small modifier light test I previously posted. You can find it here. I used the 7x11 softbox from the test to shoot a fashion show. These are some of the pictures of the models.


I used a slow shutter speed and that caused some blurring where the ambient was strong but it doesn't effect the light on the face of the models. I was mainly interested in how this small softbox would work under those conditions.

I shot this with the flash/softbox in my left hand and the camera in my right. The models were at least 10 feet away in most of the shots. So I wasn't expecting any soft light and definately no wrapping. Even so I think the light looks reasonable.

Here is a profile shot of the softbox used.



In this shot she was closer than the other shots of the models.


If you are interested in viewing larger versions of these images you can see them at http://www.mts.net/~wrpa/7x11softbox-fashionshow.html












No comments:

Post a Comment